For all of the people that sit AFK.

Re: For all of the people that sit AFK.
Post by: dtown2002 - April 8th, 2015, 10:05:31 am

But after the hour is over they will get off afk but then it will switch back on... You should add after the hour is up they will be sent off the server and a message will say "You have passed the limit of afk, 1 hour"

Post by: Akiraff - April 8th, 2015, 10:44:08 am

[quote author=dtown2002 link=topic=2565.msg11531#msg11531 date=1428501931]
But after the hour is over they will get off afk but then it will switch back on... You should add after the hour is up they will be sent off the server and a message will say "You have passed the limit of afk, 1 hour"
[/quote]
That is the whole purpose. You will be kicked or likely be temporary banned from the server. Even if they bypass the AFK System, that would give another 2-3 minutes to set up. I think it seems 1 hour feels quite long. I recommend to shorten the time length. I dont see the purpose of AFKing in Minecraft for any reason being.

So I would say from 1 hour minimize to 5 minutes. If players want to make their spawners work, they need to optimize their spacing in islands, thereby the spawners would still work, if they are working somewhere else in the spawn.

Another solution that I can purpose, is that it shows how long have the player have been on the server. Exceeding over 8-9 hours on, without gap breaks are most likely AFKers.

Akiraff
CubeBuilders Administrator

Post by: Livetabon - April 8th, 2015, 11:09:58 am

Um no, I spent nine hours two days ago on creative and I was by far from being afk.

Post by: GameDudePc_TR - April 8th, 2015, 11:11:23 am

Just as Akiraff I am with the idea that 1 houre is too long, tho 5 minutes does not seem long enough. I for example sometimes go afk for 5-10 minutes when I go smoke a cigarette or 2 and Always go afk during that time. It seems kind of ridiculous to go off the server since I sometimes get back after 2-3 minutes. This is all depending on how many cigarettes I smoke and the ammount of time I take for one. I would say put the maximum at 15-20 minutes and then kick this player. If this happens a second time also kick the player but make the kick phrase say that if this happens again there will be a temp ban of lets say 2 houres. Each time after that the temp ban goes up. Tho I would say that this gets reset after a week or 2 since there may always happen sometimes making you have to go afk suddenly.

Post by: Livetabon - April 8th, 2015, 11:15:09 am

Temp bans are a horrible idea for a measley 15 minute afk limit.

Much like other games like runescape I believe a nice kick would be fine, make the limit 30 minutes, then a kick nothing more.

We do have more important issues to deal with in the server then this minimal issue. Punishing people for 1+ hours for it is ridiculous.

~Liv

Post by: KeepingItCrafted - April 9th, 2015, 4:48:09 am

My opinion doesnt really matter, but I feel that it should be more than an hour in non-peek times and less than an hour in peek times. This is because it shouldnt cause server lag and also if people are afking for a reason than let them. Its not harming anyone is it?

Post by: Asheiou - April 9th, 2015, 4:49:33 am

My server has a 30 minute AFK kicker. It kicks you after 30 minutes and says Youve been sitting idle too long

Post by: TonksMoonwillow - April 9th, 2015, 11:20:02 am

This is a good idea xBOOYAHx! :D and I agree with you Live, bans are a bit much for 15 minutes afks but a kick after 30 minutes sounds reasonable :)

Post by: Amaterasu6k - April 9th, 2015, 12:54:53 pm

Im so glad that everyone is agreeing with me ! ;D

Post by: Akiraff - April 9th, 2015, 1:38:19 pm

[quote author=HyperSwordsman link=topic=2565.msg11641#msg11641 date=1428569289]
My opinion doesnt really matter, but I feel that it should be more than an hour in non-peek times and less than an hour in peek times. This is because it shouldnt cause server lag and also if people are afking for a reason than let them. Its not harming anyone is it?
[/quote]
Yes it is harming in Skyblocks and Factions server, where players would create inflation by standing hours and hours. Having an inflated economy is no good for any reasons. The whole point of having an established and stable economy is to ensure that the player is working towards their objective in order to get the raw resources. Not just sitting there hours and hours, and making ridiculous amount of money. In the end yes, AFKers are ruining the servers economy.

Akiraff
CubeBuilders Administrator

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.